It notes that:
- This is more complicated thatn "French v Brits". For example:
- Butler is represented by Jean-Yves Lapeyrere, "who represetns several French outdoor sports enthusiasts and would like to see the rules on qualifiacations relaxed, not just for ski instructors, but for several summer sports such as windsurfing".
- Some British ski instructors who have achieved the highest level BASI qualification - Alpine Ski Level 4 ISTD - are worried about the implications for their pay and status if the rules are relaxed
- Many French instructors have not had to take the "Eurotest", as they qualified before 2004, or are still operating as trainees. (The Eurotest involves skiing a slalom course within 18% of that of a professional racer for men and within 24% for women)
- A decision is expected on June 16