New 2013/14 plan des pistes, including the new black runs below, and a new "Eldorado Park" piste between the Arpette and Bellecote is here.
An update on the changes in and around La Plagne, courtesy of the diligent perso-laplagne site:
The are five pieces of news:
1. New 4-person chairlift at Les Bauches. Actually it's not a new chairlift - it's the Coqs lift from the Montalbert, still in good condition, which is being moved over to this area. This links in with the plans for the new Montalbert telecabine, scheduled for December 2014. The whole Glacier-Les Bauches sector has been growing in popularity, and the Carroly and Chalet de Bellecote chairlifts are also earmarked for replacement during the next few years.
2. Still in this area, the opening of the gruesome Derochoir piste, as well as the new lift on the glacier, have prompted a return to the piste maps of two black runs: the Bellecote and the Rochu. These were removed in 2009, but are being extensively used anyway, and this is therefore seen as a logical plan. It means you can ski on black runs from 3100m down to 1800: see www.la-plagnenet.com for more.
(To avoid lifts, and complete a 2000m descent from the Glacier right the way to Montchauvin, requires a little poling. It should be on your shortlist: more here.)
3. Plagne Bellecote can still suffer from Lowry-eqsue queues, and plans are now under way for a new 8 person Colosses lift for December 2015. This is the strategic link between Bellecote and Plagne Centre and so will make a big difference.
4. The renovation of the Telemetro between Plagne Centre and Aime 2000 continues, with a new station/access point at Centre which is deemed to be a real improvement.
5. The seemingly endless revamp of the galeries at Plagne Centre continues.
For more links to all things La Plagne, click here.